Welcome to this solution-oriented article if you’re having problems with Sony MHC V-02 Bluetooth connectivity.
We’re provided five easy-to-apply solutions below. One of them will resolve the issue.
Table of Contents
Check the Bluetooth Profile Compatibility
The way two Bluetooth devices communicate depends upon the Bluetooth profiles. There are separate Bluetooth profiles for audio streaming, audio-visual streaming, imaging device control, etc.
Sony MHC V-02 speakers support the A2DP profile. This profile is responsible for stereo-quality audio transfer between the devices.
If you find out that Sony MHC V-02 Bluetooth is not connecting to your device, check if your device (PC, laptop or mobile phone) supports the A2DP profile or not? You can check the compatibility from the manual that came with your device or the manufacturer’s website.
Please also note that the MHC V02 is compatible with iOS 10.0 or later.
Minimize the Nearby Bluetooth Interference
Sometimes the connecting device is not in the range of Bluetooth, which might cause a connection or pairing problem. This problem can also occur if other Bluetooth devices operate in the surroundings.
Attempt to connect within 1 meter range of the speakers. Also, if other Bluetooth devices are nearby, try turning them off or relocating the speaker and the connecting device.
Perform the Pairing Again
If your device is compatible with the A2DP Bluetooth profile and there isn’t any nearby Bluetooth interference, try pairing your device with Sony MHC V-02 again. To ensure you don’t miss out on any pairing steps, we have mentioned the pairing process below step by step:
- Place your connecting device within 1 meter range of the system
- Ensure that the Sony MHC V-02 is turned on
- Press the Function button repeatedly until the display shows Bluetooth written on it
- Keep pressing the Bluetooth button for at least three seconds or until the display screen shows Pairing written on it
- Search the nearby Bluetooth devices on your connecting device
- Select MHC V-02 from the list
- Enter passkey 0000 if required on your device
- If the system’s display shows the name of your Bluetooth device, pairing is successful. Otherwise, repeat the above procedure.
Check the Number of Paired Devices
If you followed all the above-mentioned pairing steps correctly and the Sony MHC-V02 Bluetooth is still not working, check the number of paired devices.
MHC-V02 can connect to three Bluetooth devices simultaneously, but it will play the sound from only one device at a time. So, maybe your Sony MHC-V02 is already playing the media from one of the other connected devices, and that’s why it is not responding to your device.
Also, the system can store the pairing information of eight devices at the most. When the ninth device tries to pair, the pairing information of the earliest connected device deletes automatically. So, checking the paired devices’ data is always a good idea to ensure your device is on the list of paired devices.
Factory Reset Your Sony MHC V-02
If you have tried all the above solutions and still the Bluetooth is not working, we suggest you reset the Sony MHC V-02. To reset the Sony MHC V-02, follow the below directions:
- Unplug and then re-plug the power cord in the speaker.
- Turn on the system by pressing the power button.
- Press GUITAR and MEGA BASS buttons for three seconds.
- The display screen will show [Reset], and the system will reboot.
- When you turn your speakers back on, all the custom settings like pairing registrations and pass keys will be reset to the factory default settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the password for the MHC V02?
The passkey required for Bluetooth pairing is 0000
To solve the Sony MHC-V02 Bluetooth not working issue, we have provided five easy to follow solutions. Let us know if you encounter any additional or related problems using our contact form and we’ll be happy to look into it.