Skullcandy Indy is a well designed set of earbuds with a very high customer approval rating. Many people have had issues pairing with their earbuds. This leads to a lot of frustration especially if you’re trying to get on a call or listening to music.
In this guide we present different solutions to the problem of pairing your earbuds.
This guide covers the following Skullycandy products:
- Put your Indy Wireless earbuds in the charging case – this disconnects them from the device
- Remove Indy Wireless from your device’s Bluetooth paired list
- Turn Bluetooth Off on your device
- Remove the right earbud by removing it from the case. This will automatically power it on. However it will still be unconnected to your device
- Tap the center of the earbud 4x. This will automatically power off the earbud and reset it. If the light on the earbud turns red it was successful. If the light does not turn red please repeat this action until the light turns red
- Place the right earbud back in the case
- Now repeat steps 4-5-6 only with the left earbud
- Next, remove both earbuds from the case – they will automatically power on and begin pairing to one another
- You’ll hear one beep indicating the buds have paired together
- After this you will hear a voice prompt to notify you that Indy Wireless is now “Pairing”. This means that it’s searching for your device
- At this point, turn your device’s Bluetooth mode back on and pair to Indy Wireless.
If the above did not work, try the next solution
- Remove Indy Wireless from your device’s paired list
- Turn Bluetooth Off on your device (Phone or Tablet)
- Take both earbuds out of the case
- Hold the button on each earbud until both of them say Power Off
- Ensure that they are both off before the next step
- Hold button on both headphones simultaneously for 10 seconds (use a timer if you have to)
- During this Hold, both headphones will say the following
- Power On
- Power Off
- Power On
- Now release both buttons
- Wait a few seconds until the left bud flashes red and blue
- Turn Bluetooth on your device On to pair with the earbuds
- Your device may show a popup confirming you want to pair twice. Confirm Both Pairing requests
Other Solutions to Problems with Bluetooth Pairing
If you’re still having issues with your Indy earbuds, one of the following could be an issue
The maximum range of the earbuds is 10 meters or 30 feet.
If your device is further away from the earbuds they will not work reliably. In fact depending on the number of obstructions, the range could be less than 10 meters. In general, the closer the earbuds are to your device, the better.
Remove Sources of Interference
Skullcandy earbuds use Bluetooth which operates in the same range of frequencies (2.4 GHz) as Wi-Fi and microwave ovens. There are many other wireless devices operating in the frequency range 2400 MHz – 2483 MHz. These devices can interfere with the operation of the earbuds.
If you are having problems connecting over Bluetooth make sure to remove these devices from the environment. Even something as simple as turning your phone’s Wi-Fi Off can be beneficial.
The Skullcandy Indy has a battery life of between three and six hours. Make sure that the earbuds are charged. If they are not charged, they will not work. Pairing will not be possible.
Skullcandy Indy has Bluetooth 5.0. However the Indy does not support multipoint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the primary earbud for Skullcandy Indy?
The right earbud is the primary earbud. The Indy can be used in mono mode with the right earbud and not the left one.
Can I use just one earbud?
Yes you can use one earbud with the Indy. It has to be the right earbud.
In this post we have provided solutions to Skullcandy Indy Pairing problem. They are:
- Resetting the earbuds
- Minimize the distance between your device (phone, tablet) and earbuds
- Remove sources of RF Interference
- Ensure that the earbuds are charged.