Over the years I have had a few problems with my Corsair Ironclaw mouse. Every time this happens I turn to Google to search for a solution to my problems.
To help other Corsair mouse users I decided to make a list of all the problems I have faced along with solutions to those problems. Along my research journey I also discovered other problems that other users have faced. These are documented as well.
How this article is organized
We have first written about the basics – how to connect using both Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz wireless. As well we provide steps for how to update the mouse with the latest firmware. When these steps are followed, it solves 90% of the issues.
In the remainder of the post we have covered other, very specific problems and solutions.
Now without further ado, let’s get into it!
Connect Ironclaw Mouse over Bluetooth
- Turn the mouse Off and unplug it from the PC
- Remove the 2.4 GHz receiver dongle from the PC
- Hold down the Profile Up Button (indicated by D in the picture below)
- Continue to hold it and flip the mode switch N under the mouse to Bluetooth
- At this point, the mouse should be working unless there’s an issue with the Bluetooth connection
Update the Firmware
- The next step is to update the firmware,
- To do this plug the mouse directly to the PC with the USB cable
- Note that it should continue to work
- Open the iCUE application and you should see the mouse
- Go to the Mouse entry, click Device Settings
- Select Check for Updates. Update the mouse firmware
- At this step it will ask you to plug in the receiver
- Skip this step as we just want to update the mouse firmware right now.
- Once the mouse firmware is updated, the next step is to insert the 2.4 GHz receiver dongle into a USB port of the PC
- You should see a notification instructing you to update the receiver
- Don’t unplug until this step is complete
- The firmware for both the USB receiver and mouse should now be updated
Connect Mouse to 2.4 GHz Receiver Dongle
- Now, plug the USB receiver into a port on the PC
- It will show up in iCUE, go to its entry.
- Keep the mouse plugged in using the cable and the 2.4G receiver dongle plugged into a USB port
- You should see the “Pair” button light up.
- Click it and follow the instructions.
- Now, flip the mode switch under the mouse to Off
- Unplug the USB cable.
- Next flip the mode switch under the mouse to 2.4 GHz
- The two should be connected
Common Problems with the Ironclaw Mouse
Ironclaw Not Showing up in iCUE
Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iCUE.
The Ironclaw mouse will not be seen in an older version of iCUE as its firmware (if updated according the the steps mentioned earlier in this post) is compatible with the latest version if iCUE.
The mouse is not able to automatically rollback the firmware. As well we don’t recommend manually installing an older version either.
Corsair Ironclaw USB Dongle Not Working
If the USB receiver is not working here are some things to check
- Make sure it’s plugged directly into the PC and not into a USB hub
- The firmware should be updated to the latest version. This can be done through iCUE
- Try using a different USB port on the PC
- If the dongle is plugged into a USB port at the back of the PC, move it to the front of the PC
- Remove all sources of RF interference such as wireless routers, access points and other equipment that operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band
Ironclaw Middle Mouse Button Not working
- Upgrade iCUE application to the latest version
- Open iCUE
- Check the mouse button assignments in the profile
- It’s possible that the middle mouse button is disabled in which case it won’t work.
If that isn’t the source of the problem and it’s a new mouse we recommend contacting Corsair for an RMA.
Corsair Ironclaw LED Keeps Blinking White
If the Ironclaw LED is blinking white, it means it’s attempting to connect over 2.4 GHz wireless
If it keeps blinking it means the Ironclaw is unable to pair with the dongle
- Follow the steps above to make sure that the USB dongle is working
- Update the firmware
If after that it still continues to blink white try the following:
- Uninstall iCUE application from your PC
- Make sure that the USB cable and the 2.4 GHz USB dongle are both plugged in directly to the PC (don’t use a Hub)
- Re-install iCUE
- Open iCUE application
- Go to settings and click on “INITIATE”
If this did not work try the following:
- Plug the receiver into a USB port on the laptop or PC
- Plug the mouse into a USB port using the cable
- iCUE shows the mouse as an option but you will still not be able to select it
- Go to settings, select the mouse with the power logo (not the USB symbol)
- You will see an option for USB Wireless Receiver Pairing
- Hover over the Initiate button for instructions
- With the mouse plugged in, click Initiate
- Once this is done, disconnect the mouse
- Turn the mouse Off
- Hold down the Profile Up button (just below the scroll wheel), and switch the mouse to 2.4GHz. The mouse should connect instantly.
Corsair Ironclaw Side Buttons not working
- A first step is to make sure that the mouse is charged and working. If this is not the source of the problem, then proceed to the next step as the problem is most likely due to corruption on installation
- Repair install iCUE from the Windows Apps list. To do this click on Corsair iCUE and select Modify
- Follow the prompts for the steps
- This should resolve the issue
Corsair Ironclaw Bluetooth Not Working
Your PC or laptop should support Bluetooth 4.0 or a later version
Follow the steps below to pair the Ironclaw to Bluetooth on your computer
- Turn on Bluetooth on your laptop or PC
- Hold the Profile Up button and toggle power / wireless mode switch (N in the picture above) to BT position to turn on your mouse.
- The LED indicator should start blinking blue and will turn solid blue when connected
If the LED indicator continues to Blink Blue it means that it’s attempting to pair but not succeeding. To solve the problem try the following:
- Try a soft reset of the wireless mouse using the following steps:
- Turn off the wireless mouse using the selector under the mouse
- Hold down the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously
- Keep holding and turn the mouse back on (to Bluetooth)
- After around 5 seconds, release the buttons. You will see an LED flash if it resets successfully.
- Try pairing with Bluetooth again
In this post we have summarized the different reasons for which the Ironclaw mouse will not work along with solutions. Here is a recap of the top problems:
- Ironclaw not Showing up in iCUE
- USB Dongle not Working
- Middle Mouse Button Not working
- LED Keeps Blinking White
- Side Buttons not working
- Bluetooth not working
The solutions presented in this post should get your Ironclaw mouse back up and running.